Ten Common Success Traits for New or Expanding Detailing Businesses
Last week we looked and the ten most common mistakes that can kill a detailing business. This week we look at the exact opposite, ten common success traits for new or expanding detailing businesses.
This list is the foundation for those that I see making the most progress and larger-than-normal successes within the detailing industry…
- Being business educated and having a foundation read to start a business.
- Being trained and educated within the art of professional-level detailing.
- Business is started within one’s means ad securing working capital.
- Starting out with business with little or no debt.
- Having a written business plan that addresses successes and challenges alike.
- Having a marketing and sales plan of action that keep the sales pipeline flowing.
- Developing solid personal and business branding in the early days.
- Establishing a highly effective referral and follow-up system.
- Top-notch phone and in-person sales approach that wins business.
- Having a proven and well-designed menu in place and profit from that menu.