If you consider yourself a car guy or car girl, this is one of the leading traits that indicate detailing might be right for you. I find that those who have a love affair with vehicles have a greater drive for success than those who don’t.
Detailing is a heck of a lot more than just slapping some wax on a car. Truth be known, proper detailing can be very hard work. Here are some of the successful traits that great detailers have…
- Understand that detailing without good business skills is a weakness that needs to be addressed.
- Realize that detailing is hard, physical work and that to operate at the top levels, one needs to be in good physical shape and stay healthy.
- Know that pro-level detailing requires outstanding people skills.
- Commit to long-term dedication and recognize that building a successful business takes time, as does building a solid set of detailing skills.
- Have a never-give-up attitude and know that success has no room for quitters.
- Are comfortable using power tools.
- Engage in learning new skills and continuing education.